Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Listen to The Voice For God

When I study A Course in Miracles, I often run across a sentence which just floors me. Then, I write it on an index card and put it on the treadmill. Then, when I walk/jog on the treadmill, I can think about the sentences. Last night, the card I read said, “What answer that the Holy Spirit gives can reach you, when it is your specialness to which you listen, and which asks and answers? Its tiny answer, soundless in the melody that pours from God to you eternally in loving praise of what you are, is all you listen to. And that vast song of honor and of love for what you are seems silent and unheard before its "mightiness." You strain your ears to hear its soundless voice, and yet the Call of God Himself is soundless to you.” (24.II)

It fit very well with my lesson today: lesson 186 said, “All false humility we lay aside today, that we may listen to God's Voice reveal to us what He would have us do.”

ACIM makes it very clear that my brother is not my enemy and I needn’t judge or be afraid. The reason is that what I perceive as another human being is based on my ego thoughts and not the Holy Spirit’s thoughts or what God created. God created one Son of God, which is our one mind resting forever in love and peace in our Creator. What I perceive as another human being is my ego delusion. Let it go.

ACIM depends on listening to thoughts besides what your ego is whispering and shouting in your brain all day. It depends on periods of conscious quiet listening and then bringing that listening consciousness into the ego world.

ACIM encourages the asking of the question, “Is what is see real?” And listening to the Holy Spirits reply, listening to God’s song of love for His Son. In this, I perceive something different and go home.

Prior to the Lunar Trek, I felt so grateful to be out running. This morning, I noticed I was fighting my consciousness almost the whole way, until I got to my door step. Then, looking at my watch, I thought, “45 minutes on the machines plus 61 minutes running,” and felt the gratitude then. Not many people get to go out and run around in the early morning swelter and feel the energy coursing through their system.

I workout and run because I can. I believe it is God’s plan for me or I would have stopped long ago. I do not believe it is the ego’s idea because so much of it is inglorious and humiliating. My faith is that something is being given to the divine plan of salvation through my manifestation of the running/fitness thought.

I lifted free weights last evening. I added smidges of weights and reps. I wonder if the gaining of three pounds through additional protein consumption is helping. I don’t know because the weight watchers scale indicates that the weight went on partly as fat, which could be a healthy thing. I just don’t know.

Want to be touched, read this: http://perfectionjourney.org/2010/08/03/i-was-just-the-willingness/

No comments: