Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Key to the Miracle

It is called A Course in Miracles. So ummm...when do I get the miracle? My life has not exactly become a wondrous as whats-her-face that wrote all those books.
.
Today's lesson is a review (204): The Name of God is my inheritance.
.
So, think about it.
.
I'd rather count on the name of God than a 401K, or a man. Stop everything right now and think: God. Does that mean a thing to me?
.
I've been through everything that people do to be happy: world travel, riding Harley's, sex, rock and roll, contemplation in a real monastery, career, skiing, horses, winning awards, drugs and alcohol, you-name-it-I've-done-it.
.
But I wouldn't trade a true understanding of the Name of God for any of it. Think. If I know the name of God is my inheritance, would I bother judging anyone? Would I bother trying to control or manipulate my way into a secure place in life? That is the miracle. The key is: seeing and knowing you are not a body but an idea of love in the Heart of Love. If you are able to truly understand that you could only be love in the Heart of Love (translation of "the Name of God is my inheritance"), you would see everything differently. Just stop thinking you are a body surrounded by other bodies which you don't like. We are all one idea of love in the Heart of Love. Knowing this and living like it is the miracle. Letting everyone off your judgment hook because you know you are love is the miracle.
.
The Name of God is my inheritance, and now is when I inherit It. It is always there and always mine.
.
Today, I may have solved a conundrum: I want to run on trails. But for a variety of reasons, I've not done it until today. Today, I found about two miles of hilly, rocky, rooty, big stepper trails, right near where I live. Trails work so many more muscles than flat running or road running. I needed to add them to my repertoire. So here are a couple of pics:
.
Rocks:



Roots:

No comments: