Sunday, February 14, 2021

Polar Retreat Day 8 - Goggins 1

 It is 1degF outside and the temperatures are going down. It is snowing now. I went to the store this morning to stock up on groceries. Now what?

Maybe a Goggins 4x4x48. That is 4 miles every 4 hours for 48 hours. If you are not an ultra runner, you might not have heard of David Goggins. He wrote an inspirational book and has many Youtube clips. That should see me through to Tuesday morning. The 4x4x48 sounds difficult. Yes, it is difficult. I don't know if I can do it. But at 11 am, I began with the first 4 miles. 

The 4x4x48 challenge is not guaranteed to me. But something to focus my mind on while I wait out the polar vortex. I will concede a little during the 3am workout, assuming I make it out of bed. I don't want to shake the building and make noise perhaps waking my neighbor. So I'll use the elliptical for that workout. 

Billy Yang and Goggins:


The weather:






No comments: