Thursday, April 2, 2015

Holy Thursday

I was remembering what the Easter weekend was like in the monastery. Very Difficult! In the Catholic Church, especially a monastery, the entire time from Thursday through Sunday is Easter liturgy. All the nuns have their panties in a wad about who will sing solo, who is the thurifer, who reads, who cooks the best dish, etc and etc. As a novice, it was torture. But the last year I was there, I did score big: I was chosen to lay and light the pascal fire. Easter Vigil began at 4:30 in the morning, dark of course. But if the fire didn't take, the Pascal candle can't be lit; hence no Easter.

Would'a been bad for Jesus.

And that's where I'm at now: non-participant. But not bad for Jesus since I do talk to Him.

Instead, I'm going to run a marathon this weekend. #45. I'm pretty excited about it.

Nowadays in my life, I worry alot more about phosgene and isocyanate decomposition than I do liturgy. I had grueling discussions of safety matters twice today. I was in need of comfort food after work. So I got my groceries including a 4-pack of Cadbury eggs. Happy Easter!

I also was mopping my kitchen floor this evening and thinking about why I left the Church. In a nut shell: I can't support a hierarchy that protects priests from criminal prosecution for molesting children. Really, Jesus would have torn up their temples. Then it occurred to me: child molestation has been going on for the entire history of humanity. The people who killed Jesus and the early church fathers were some percentage child abusers. Why should I be so surprised at today's priests?

Every night, I read a paragraph from Q's Gospel. Who was Q? He was the guy that Mark, Mathew and Luke copied from. There is nothing in his work about Eucharist. Eucharist is a later invention, especially by Paul who never knew Jesus (only a hallucination of Jesus). And ever since, all anyone has known of Jesus is mental aberrations of various kinds. The rest of the New Testament is a fabrication of men for their own agendas; and scripture scholars have published many books on that topic. Did your minister fail to mention that from the pulpit?

Exactly.

I am a student of A Course in Miracles, another product of mental aberration. I love the notebooks of Paul Brunton, who also had a "trip". I have my own "spiritual experiences." I land firmly in the court of the abstract God. Intuitive thoughts come from some where.

The only smart thing to do is run marathons. Selah!

No comments: