Saturday, January 17, 2015

Marathons

It is January 2015. I have completed 40 marathons in this life, spread out over many years. In 2013 I did 9 of them. In 2014, post surgery, I did 5. I am currently signed up for 4. I am plotting and wondering. Can I get to 50 this year? It would seem so. But really what I want to do is get to 50 in July at Iranmarathons.com multi-day event. The RD has asked to provide hoopla for my marathon mile stone.


I am for sure hooked on marathons but I don't know why. When I was a nun, I'd go for runs in a skirt. We had hermit days, renewal days and free days. I would always go for long runs on those days. "Long" at that time was 7 to 10 miles. I would dream of somehow running a marathon even though I was a nun.

I didn't say "Fuck" at that time. I say it now unless I'm at work. At work, and some other places, I say "WTF."

You would think after my Snowdrop failure that I would be done with miles. But it is the Gulf coast in January, a beautiful day and my legs feel good. The fuel belt bottles are filled. As soon as the rice cooker gets done, I am out the door.

Marathons; Fuck Yeah!

No comments: