Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014

I begin as I left off. Last night, I put together the 2015 spreadsheet for use in recording exercise. This morning, I bought a new notebook for the same purpose (because the one I've used since 2003 is full). I went for a 4 mile walk in Pine Gully Park. It was nice to get some fresh air.

I was supposed to be at a 100 mile race; but after 45 miles, my knee seized up so I quit. Now, 2 days later, it feels like the ACL tendon is stressed. But, it will recover fine since I didn't tape it up and continue the 100 mile attempt. This is typical of me for all ultras I guess. 50k goes very well. 50 miles can be toughed out. But when something goes wrong on the way to 100 miles, I cut my loses and quit. I got the participant medal but not the belt buckle.

My ego was sacrificed.

A walk in Pine Gully is worth anything.

My Course in Miracles Lesson for today:
LESSON 286
The hush of Heaven holds my heart today.

1 Father, how still today! How quietly do all things fall in place! This is the day that has been chosen as the time in which I come to understand the lesson that there is no need that I do anything. In You is every choice already made. In You has every conflict been resolved. In You is everything I hope to find already given me. Your peace is mine. My heart is quiet, and my mind at rest. Your Love is Heaven, and Your Love is mine.

2 The stillness of today will give us hope that we have found the way, and traveled far along it to a wholly certain goal. Today we will not doubt the end which God Himself has promised us. We trust in Him, and in our Self, Who still is one with Him.

I will continue with spiritual studies in 2015.

News stories of 2014:
Nigerian girls
Ebola
Crimea

My 55th year of life:
I applied for 5 jobs; and ended up in the one I had in 2013.
My company is selling our plant.
Running: 3 half marathons, a 25k, 2 full marathons, a 50k. 3,051 miles and 959 hours of exercise. One virtual race where 200 miles were completed. One failed attempt at 100 miles in a public event.
I got an iphone.
Still sober. 2014 was my 29th anniversary.
Still A Course n Miracles student.
Read a number of religious and spiritual studies books.
Made my first presentation at a professional conference.
I bought a new car and a new computer.
I don't belong to Facebook.
I don't belong to a religion.
I am a vegetarian still.
I invented "Starship Baytown."
6 HAZOP signoffs completed.
I started wearing glasses.

But, what was it like to be me this year?

Although a menopause crazed brain attacked me most of the year. increasingly positive beliefs about myself and God's love for me prevailed. It was a year of ego downsizing. Life dreams getting dismissed as: not this life time.



No comments: