"Love is the predominate mode of existence."
My version of the answer involves more money in the form of salary. I've been trained to judge by this. I become unhappy when this particular thing doesn't exactly meet my idea of how much is enough for me. And I become blind to all other things.
My reality assumes that there is a Spirit or Soul who will direct me to the right path for me. Spirit honors my first wish for spiritual prosperity. Guidance is towards greater insight into Spirit, not materialism. But my ego keeps forgetting this deep desire and continues to hammer me about dollars. This forgetting is why I have to stop and pray and meditate. I am happier after I remember.
ACIM Chapter 30, Rules for Decision:
- Think about the kind of day you want.
- Today I will make no decisions by myself. (Sit by and ask to have the answer given me. I need do nothing.)
- If I make no decisions by myself, this is the day that will be given me.
- I have no question. I forgot what to decide.
- At least I can decide I do not like what I feel now.
- And so I hope I have been wrong.
- I want another way to look at this. (A statement of an open mind.)
- Perhaps there is another way to look at this. What can I lose by asking?