Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sept Multiday 1 - Thursday

I woke up this morning with a good idea. I am free; meaning, I can run or not as much or as little as I feel like it. I'm not training, but more importantly I am not emulating. Mainly I am not emulating the 3,100 mile Self Transcendence racers or any other multi-day race where God is supposedly found.
.
I have no agenda. In particular, I have no agenda for God or enlightenment. So I lingered over my coffee and spiritual study. It has cooled off a little, so I am not so pressed to get a run started real early in the morning.
.
I got to the park at about 8:30 and started jogging; and continuing to reflect. About 20 minutes into the run, I started to feel the Presence of Love and the ability to choose it instead of hate. I began to feel grateful.
.
I ran in the park for one hour at marathon pace and two hours of 8x2s. Then I moved over to the Sanctuary trail. My legs were tired so I went slow. The rocks were wet and slippery, so I didn't take many chances with them. I ran 2 laps, or 1h20.
.
I've been taking it easy this afternoon. Vacation is a gift of time. For me, the best thing to do with time is to turn inward to The True Source. Anyone can know the Power of God which is within if they stop and let It be. Yes, this is Christ or Self or Love or God. I spend my time being in Its Presence. Just that. Nothing more.
.
I am grateful to be a runner and contemplative. Running helps me to contemplate, and contemplation helps me to run. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: