Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ACIM Problem Solving

Theoretically, I have a problem. It is only a problem when considered in terms of this world and my ego: someone isn't behaving the way I think they should and I fear its effects on me. No need for the specifics of form. What I just said is the content; and it applies to all my problems.

But A Course in Miracles provided me with some help today (25.IX1, 7, 9):
"Are you willing to be released from all effects of sin? You cannot answer this until you see all that the answer must entail. For if you answer "yes" it means you will forego all values of this world in favor of the peace of Heaven.
...
To give a problem to the Holy Spirit to solve for you means that you want it solved. To keep it for yourself to solve without His help is to decide it should remain unsettled, unresolved, and lasting in its power of injustice and attack.
...
The little problems that you keep and hide become your secret sins, because you did not choose to let them be removed for you. And so they gather dust and grow, until they cover everything that you perceive and leave you fair to no one. Not one right do you believe you have. And bitterness, with vengeance justified and mercy lost, condemns you as unworthy of forgiveness. The unforgiven have no mercy to bestow upon another. That is why your sole responsibility must be to take forgiveness for yourself."

Nuff said!

I had a great 93 minute run this morning.

No comments: