Friday, March 5, 2010

Thoughts of God

My Course in Miracles lesson for the day is: My mind is part of God's. I am very holy.

This morning, I read in the ACIM Text (6.II):


  • ...the Holy Spirit is in your mind...

  • ...the peace of God lies in you...

  • Each of us is the light of the world...

I need to pause and give these thoughts some consideration. How difficult it is to allow my mind to leave its worldly bondage and think of itself as in God.

The major spiritual practice of ACIM is forgiveness; expressed as looking beyond the worldly illusions and seeing everyone as one thought of God. As I think of today's lesson, I think it for or in the mind of everyone else. In this way, we are joined in my thoughts and the frightening illusion of the ego world loses its grip.

When I go out into the world, I face others. Relationships are like hot stoves to me. I seem to always get burned, yet I go out each day and attempt to get along. My help is in the thoughts which ACIM gives me and the practice of forgiveness.

No comments: