Thursday, March 25, 2010

Running Spirit Woman

Since the Ultra, I've had this sense of blessedness, giftedness and gratitude which seems to exude from within. It causes a sense of invulnerability regarding running; which needs to be moderated. However, as I've ran normally the last three mornings, I get to continue to feel like "Running Spirit Woman" (as pictured above).

In conjunction with the feeling of blessedness, my spiritual studies the past three days have focused very intensely on the presence of Jesus, and Jesus' promise to be with me. Very slowly, the light dawns (Jesus said "I am the light of the world"): that inner sense of blessedness could be the presence of light. It is not that I ran 80 miles, but that I did it with the presence of Christ. I went beyond my human limits because of a Higher Power.

Could the sense of blessedness be the dqwning of the awareness of Christ?

What I know about me is that I am a person who choses to believe in God and I believe I need God with me all day or I will kill myself. A Course in Miracles text says, "If you will accept the fact that I am with you, you are denying the world and accepting God. My will is His, and your decision to hear me is the decision to hear His Voice and abide in His Will." (8.IV.3.8) This morning, in my meditation, I agree that Christ, the light of the world, is my critical operating parameter.

No comments: