Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Light in Your Mind

A Course in Miracles Text 7.III:

- "To be in the Kingdom is merely to focus your full attention on it."

- "Reality is yours because you are reality. This is how having and being are ultimately reconciled, not in the Kingdom, but in your mind. The altar there is the only reality. The altar is perfectly clear in thought, because it is a reflection of perfect Thought."

- "God has lit your mind Himself, and keeps your mind lit by His Light because His Light is what your mind is."

And so I pause, close my eyes and listen to the silent light of God within. This pausing to connect with God is how I stay alive, how I stay sober, how I stay off anti-depressants, how I keep cool around others.

It is a little chilly and wet and windy outside, but I plan to head out for my long run soon.

No comments: