Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ex-spiration of the world

From A Course in Miracles (ACIM) text chapter 5:

- The function of thought comes from God and is in God. As part of His Thought, you cannot think apart from Him.

- God Himself orders your thought because your thought was created by Him.

- Why should you listen to the endless insane calls you think are made upon you, when you can know the Voice for God is in you? God commended His Spirit to you, and asks that you commend yours to Him.

- Therefore, the first step in the undoing is to recognize that you actively decided wrongly, but can as actively decide otherwise. … the undoing process, which does not come from you, is nevertheless within you because God placed it there. Your part is merely to return your thinking to the point at which the error was made, and give it over to the Atonement in peace.

I am having another weekend of solitude. I think it has been about 9 weeks since I discontinued any participation in fellowships or society, outside of work. This weekend in particular, I gave serious thought to going to a roundup, so I could see people and say hi. But, Friday night, I felt sick and stayed home. Saturday morning, I ran for over 5 hours and didn’t feel like going out for the evening. Now it is Sunday and I’m using my non-participation as my touch stone for reflection.

Being alone all weekend does not produce anything definitive. Saturday evening, I thought, “What if I allowed myself to have a meaningless life? What if I truly let go of everything and lived (relatively) off the social grid?” To give up finding meaning in this world is to give up the ego hope of grasping God definitively. Wow! That is a huge huge step. All of the new age and religion and spirituality in general are a massive effort to grasp with the ego something which exists completely outside the ego’s capability.

It must be done with another part of the mind; and it is the aim of A Course in Miracles to teach and awaken that other part of the mind.

I worried my thoughts around the touch stone of not-going-to-the-roundup some more. I realized that the stuff of the world no longer interests me. The conversations people have no longer interest me. I remember that I used to be inspired by the world and its people but that feeling no longer happens. Not having the hope of inspiration, I have no motivation to go participate. I’ve taken my ego out of the race and denied it its playground and battlefield. I’ve removed it from games of passion and glory. The world has ex-spired in my mind.

The world is an illusion. What I see with my body’s eyes is my own thought projections. I can’t be inspired by any of the world’s popular gurus because they all spout nonsense founded on the reality of the world.

I can have a life of endless boredom and polite listening; or I can actively engage in looking beyond the illusions my body’s eyes produce and see the thought of God within, basking in its glory. God is in my mind and requires not my body’s eyes for vision. This is ACIM teaching and as you can see, it is way outside the box. As you can see, I could have an interesting conversation only with another metaphysicist.

I find love and joy by looking beyond. What could be happier than seeing a thought of God everywhere?

No comments: