Friday, June 14, 2013

Creative Fitness

For miles....for the spirit.

On the cusp of yet another 3100 Mile Self Transcendence Race (Sri Chinmoy).

It is hot in Houston. Earlier this week, I decided to take this afternoon off and sleep. This was because I needed to recover from the stress over work reorganization. That is, I was waiting for an interview and then a decision. Tuesday, we got both of those things done (I got the job).

Coming home, I drove by 3 places before deciding what looked like a nice enough place for my Prius to go. I got my tires rotated. I know, big deal. But, since it was 10 am, no waiting either.

Then, I was reading Thomas Merton "The Seven Story Mountain" when the nap occurred. I haven't read the book for 15 years or so. For some reason, Merton was instrumental in my trip to a monastery. I'm only a little way into the book. So far, I didn't find the dopamine trigger; but I am sure I will.

What if..... The Hassidic Jews in Jerusalem had not appeared to have something I wanted, triggered the survival instinct and powered a decades long search for God. Did God want this?

My heel was really good for 2 days. Today it is swollen again. Cross training seems ok, but we'll have to wait to tomorrow to see about miles. I'll need to start walking very early due to heat. I wish I could walk a marathon, but it seems unlikely.

Creativity.... I'm praying for a thought, something original and interesting. Is there such a thing?

No comments: