Thursday, June 6, 2013

Friday Off Weekend - Badwater 1

This evening as I walked on my treadmill, I read this from A Course in Miracles chapter 4.II: "The ego is the mind’s belief that it is completely on its own. The ego’s ceaseless attempts to gain the spirit’s acknowledgement and thus establish its own existence are useless. Spirit in its knowledge is unaware of the ego. It does not attack it; it merely cannot conceive of it at all. While the ego is equally unaware of spirit, it does perceive itself as being rejected by something greater than itself. This is why self-esteem in ego terms must be delusional. "

And I also had another card which said: The Christ in you is very still.

It immediately occurred to me that spending the weekend in quiet retreat would be perfect. I will walk many minutes, but not stress out.

I switched to a 9/80 schedule at work a month or so ago. I'm still getting used to the idea of having a 3 day weekend every other weekend.


Something odd happened today. I have a friend who is running Badwater Ultramarathon on July 16-17 (135 miles across Death Valley). She is also a race director ( Iranmarathons.com ). She decided to get a permit to run a marathon along the Badwater race course so her friends could come support her. Well, I can't come in body, but I could come in spirit. So I asked if I could enter her race but I'd do mine in Seabrook. She said yes!

I'm actually quite excited about this opportunity. It is somehow meaningful to me to participate in her final training and then be on board for the actual day. So if I talk alot about my next race as Badwater, that's what is up. I'll never actually go to Badwater, but I can get there in spirit and this is as close as I'll ever get.

No comments: