Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ultra-ACIM - 3 Days at the Fair Preperation

I am thinking about practicing hard core "A Course in Miracles" (ACIM) for my upcoming 24 hour endurance run.

Usually, during races, I come up with some phrase which is filled with light and love and peace. This time, I am thinking I will use lessons 9, 10 and 11 during the race. The purpose of these is not to cater to a romantic ego, but instead point out its delusional thought system.

"I see nothing as it is now.
My thoughts do not mean anything.
My meaningless thoughts are showing me a meaningless world."

For non-ACIM students, here is the punch line of lesson 9. "...It is difficult for the untrained mind to believe that what it seems to picture is not there. This idea can be quite disturbing, and may meet with active resistance in any number of forms. Yet that does not preclude applying it. No more than that is required for these or any other exercises. Each small step will clear a little of the darkness away, and understanding will finally come to lighten every corner of the mind that has been cleared of the debris that darkens it...."

The reason I think these phrases will help me with my endurance run is because: they are true. But also, if I remember "each small step will clear a little of the darkness", then I'll be a winner. To make meaning out of a worldly delusion is purely an ego exercise. I dare to let it go, to walk 75 miles without swag.

My last load of laundry is done. The trash is taken out. I'll now go upstairs and count out the undies and socks.

No comments: