Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ottawa 2012 - Half Marathon Prelude

Pictures from the hotel lobby:


The cool jersey is Runningmania.com gear. I've been a part of that discussion board for several years. The other people live in Canada. So I come up here every year to say hi to them in person.

Ottawa Race Weekend is a huge event. There is a 2k, 5k and 10k on Saturday evening; then a half and full marathon on Sunday. Last night, I met 2 maniacs I haven't met before. Today, I am running with one I haven't met before but chatted with almost daily. And then, many maniacs will meet for a post race meal and I'll get to say hi to at least 20 maniacs.

I am as usual studying A Course in Miracles. It says (Chapter 6.III) the message of the crucifixion was: teach only love for that is what you are. The ego was made without love and cannot hear the Holy Spirit. The ego is what asks, "What are you?" and is the part of the mind that doubts.

"...the one answer of the Holy Spirit to all questions the ego raises: You are a child of God, a priceless part of His Kingdom, which he created as part of Him. Nothing else exists and only this is real."  "The only safety lies in extending the Holy Spirit, because as you see His gentleness in others your own mind perceives itself as totally harmless. Once it can accept this fully, it sees no need to protect itself. The protection of God then dawns upon it..."

And now I sit quietly in my hotel room, waiting for the race start. I will sally forth ego and mind to join the Son of God.



No comments: