Saturday, October 3, 2015

To Be a Sage

Somehow, at an early age, I got the dream that I could become enlightened and be a wise person. And I've been chasing that dream for decades.

The notebooks of Paul Brunton came into my life within the past 6 years. A Course in Miracles within the past 10 years. Many other spiritual books along the way. This morning I read in Bunton, "Whoever keeps on reflecting with intense concentration and wholehearted absorption will discover It's Reality." Today's ACIM lesson is, "Beyond this world there is a world I want."

I continue my spiritual activities day after day. The dream continues because I feed it.

Unlikely that an American upper middle class child of an alcoholic could achieve this dream. Its not the American dream. I'm also attempting enlightenment without drugs, traumatic brain injury, tropical disease, fasting for 30 days, climbing Everest, running 100 miles, living in silence and solitude, etc.

Now to go jogging.

No comments: