Friday, June 1, 2012

Next Stop Colorado

Silverthorne, Copper Mountain, Dillon Reservoir and the Continental Divide. You name it, I could be running there. My next trip is the end of June, 4th of July week.


For starters, I'm entered in a half marathon on Copper Mountain. What was I thinking? The turn around at 10 miles is above 10,300 feet! This Texas girl won't be finishing very fast. I hope they still have the finish line open by the time I get done.


The best I can do to prepare is to run uphill on my treadmill, 15% incline. Hill-arious! Still, I can't wait to have 5 days of running and hiking in the mountains. That yellow trail of the Continental Divide doesn't look like it has any trees. Never-the-less, I picture myself hiking up it for a few hours with my hydro-pak and desert hat.

It is hard to describe how wonderful I feel about myself. There was a 4 week period at the end of April and through May where I ran 2 ultras and one pretty good half marathon. The day after the half marathon, I was hobbling as my heel was stressed. By today though, I was able to run 5 mph uphill on the treadmill. I keep forgetting that I have pushed myself pretty hard in the past month. So it is amazing that I did all those races and can still run and workout.

No comments: