A Course in Miracles Text 21.IV and V:
- The Holy Spirit’s purpose was accepted by the part of your mind the ego knows not of…it was not the ego which joined the Holy Spirit’s purpose, and so there must be something else.
- The quiet way is open…The still small Voice for God is not drowned out by all the ego’s raucous screams and senseless ravings to those who want to hear it.
- Perception is a choice, not a fact…on the voice you choose to hear…depends entirely your whole belief in what you are.
- Listen to what the ego says…and it is sure that you will see yourself as tiny, vulnerable and afraid. You will experience depression, a sense of worthlessness, and feelings of impermanence and unreality…And you will think the world you made directs your destiny. For this will be your faith.
- There is another vision and another Voice in which your freedom lies, awaiting but your choice.
My lesson this morning, number 354, contains gems:
- I have not self except the Christ in me.
- We stand together, Christ and I, in peace and certainty of purpose.
I was awake in the night feeling angry towards an institution. I recognized my lack of peace. Upon arising, I realized how much I was hearing the ego's raucous screams and fears. The best I can do is bring these to Jesus. I need the Holy Spirit's help. I ask to decide in favor of the Voice for God. As I was out running, I watched my thoughts flit from one resentment to another, one negative fantasy to another. All of these were way in the past or totally unreal. I again asked the Holy Spirit for help. I don't claim that I am getting better. I claim to be turning to God every time I remember.
I want to chose the Christ in me as my consicousness. I want to chose the Voice for God as what I listen to. I want to be the other part of my mind which the ego knows nothing of. I make these choices as often as I become aware that I have once again drank of the ego's insane potions.
I signed up for a half marathon this Saturday. I've had two great 57 minute runs the past two days. I am planning a personal ultra-endurance event for 11/21 and 22, while I am in Koln, Germany. So I spent this morning's run planning which running clothes I will take to Germany.