Saturday, September 20, 2008

Daniel Day 13

ACIM:
  • Power and glory belong to God alone.
  • To achieve the goal of the curriculum, then, you cannot listen to the ego...
  • ...if you are willing to look at what the ego would make of you...you can know that the ego doesn't know anything...this is your responsibility...once you have really looked, you will accept Atonement for yourself...
  • Through His (God's) power and glory all your wrong decisions are undone completely releasing you and your brother from every imprisoning thought any part of the Sonship holds...The imprisonment they seem to produce is no more true that they are.
  • Giving of yourself is the function He gave you. Fulfilling it perfectly will let you remember what you have of Him...
  • Glory is God's gift to you, because that is what He is. See this glory everywhere to remember what you are.

Last night I had an epiphany, an awakening. The action that came out of it may seem antithetical to the ACIM students and other enlightened beings who read what follows; just remember form is not important, content is what matters.

I have been praying and fasting for 14 days. Jesus is an intense part of the content. I sit silently and listen as part of my prayer. I realized last night that I wanted to do some praying in a worship type environment. But I disagree with all Christian denominations; Jesus, humanity and sin are not what they say. Then, I had this thought, "Laura, you disagree with everyone, so you might as well go to your old church." In that moment, my judgment of that church and its hierarchy no longer mattered. What mattered was disregarding my ego for the purpose of realizing its imprisoning thoughts are not true; and instead seeing God's glory everywhere is true. I had put Christ above all else.

I walked away from Catholicism three years ago because I hated the hierarchy, its agenda and its elevation of itself and the priesthood above lay people. I didn't want to appear to support it. But now, my hate is gone, my judgment is over, because I just see people in thought prison. As I look at any one of them and see that God is in them as in me and we are not really separate (Holy Encounter), we both get to be free. By hating the church, I am myself believing it is real, when we know this ego world is an illusion. By going to the church, I am realizing it is a illusion and has no power over me; but it is a place where I can fulfill my God given function: giving of myself. Staying away from church puts me in an ego prison. Going to church sets me free, not because the form of worship is enlightening, but the content of my action disregards my ego and reinforces that the ego world is not real and has no power over me. (Now this reasoning would confuse the Catholics terribly!) Only God has power over me.

All power and glory belong to God alone; so I don't have to worry about whether I agree with anyone.

No comments: