Monday, January 25, 2016

Grace's Warbler


I run on the trail's of Seabrook. There are lots of birds. Big sea birds. Vultures. Ducks. On Saturday, I saw a flock of green parrots. But for several weeks now, bird watching professionals have been hanging out in one particular part of the forest. These are serious bird watchers, with big long lenses, tripods, patience.

Yesterday, I finally asked what they were looking for. Grace's Warbler.

I was pondering that this morning. Lots of people are seriously looking for this small bird. While I run around not knowing of its existence at all. And even now that I've googled the bird, I don't know what is so special about it.

I chase the Holy Spirit with all the fervor of these bird watchers chasing Grace's Warbler. In fact, The Holy Spirit is Grace's Warbler.

I search the running calendars looking for a race I want to go to. I can't find what I want. There is no running adventure hanging out there on the horizon, no transcendental event; except for those I am already entered. My life seems not to have some big special thing in it. You know, us humans have a very difficult time with sameness.

I only ran 62 miles this week and worked out for 16.x hours. Next Sunday is a marathon, so I was taking it a bit easy this weekend. I hope I have fun next weekend. Its just a marathon; nothing special. See, for some, a marathon is a big deal. For me who runs many of them, its not.

My Course in Miracles lesson today is: "I choose the second place to gain the first." This is not a material world concept of getting ahead. "What seems to be the second place is first, for all things we perceive are upside down until we listen to the Voice for God. "

I wish I could see Grace's Warbler.


No comments: