Sunday, August 31, 2014

Wellness

I went for a great run today: 13.3 miles in a Texas style down pour. It was awesome because the temps were coolish and my foot was feeling better than it has in years.

I run and work out so I can go on expeditions. I lift the weights at least to get over mental lethargy. This lethargy is what stops many people from exercising at all.

After my run today, while I was in the shower, I was thinking about cancer. I was thinking about my belief that cancer has metaphysical causes; at a minimum, a cry for love. But I think that cry is another way of saying I think disease starts from soul sickness.

At that point, I looked in my soul. I felt totally well. Really. This might be one of the first times ever that I could say I felt totally well on the inside.

Here is what my month of working out looked like:


(July was ridiculously big because of my 10 day race).

No comments: