Friday, July 16, 2010

One Life and the Messengers of Love


Very sweet! This morning, I had a 2 hour run on a bike path in Eagle Idaho. There was a rushing river of clear mountain water on one side of the path and up-scale well landscaped houses on the other. I had to run the gauntlet of sprinklers for one stretch (brrr...). An old guy on a bike passed me twice. He said, "just 300 more miles and you'll be in Oregon." I said, "I want to go to Kansas!" He said, "Thats back the other way." Excellent, excellent.
.
I spent the whole run reviewing my career and my life's twists and turns. The reason is there is a job opening at our plant here; but I don't think I would want it. I was just shaken as I had encountered the HR lady late yesterday afternoon, since she was in charge of the area we had just audited but she interviewed me since our findings had been pretty small. Shook me up.
.
Workbook lesson 167: There is one life and that I share with God.

A Course in Miracles Texy 18.IV.A:
"Relationships in this world are the result of hoe the world is seen. And this depends on which emotion (fear or love) was called on to send its messengers to look upon it, and return with word of what they saw….The Holy Spirit has given you love’s messengers to send…they will see only the blameless and the beautiful, the gentle and the kind…If you send forth only the messengers the Holy Spirit gives you, wanting no messages but theirs, you will see fear no more."

On the road with colleagues, out of my routine, how easy it is to forget connecting with God.
While I was reminiscing about my life this morning, I was also thinking about the team building session the plant is having today and how I wouldn't be very happy with having to spend several hours on a raft with people eating meat and drinking beer and having meaningless conversation. But, I kept returning my mind to the lesson about one life. Looked at from the perspective of one mind and one life, we are one and I have no antagonism for colleagues. I don't take it so serious. I remembered what I read in the ACIM Text this morning and kept choosing the messengers of love. When I keep making the choice for the Holy Spirit and messengers of love, I find love in everything I experience that day.
OK, off to the airport. My shoes are wet from the cold sprinkler gauntlet!
Remember love, choose the messengers of love and have a happy day.

No comments: