Thursday, August 8, 2019

34th Anniversary

Today is my sobriety birthday. I have been sober for 34 years. I've had a sober adult life, since I was 26 when things got "bad enough" to quit drinking. I loved AA thirty four years ago and I still like it. I went to a noon meeting today. I got to talk with a young man who has a little over 60 days. I've sat in lot of meetings with him. He is trying to stay off drugs. I love him.

I also ran 15 miles today, in 10:30 per mile. Now that is awesome. It was 70F and cloudy when I got started at 8:30 am. I hadn't really planned on running that far, but I was going fast so I decided to keep it up until I ran out of time. I never ran that fast in Houston because it was always too hot. Missouri offers the climate for summertime running. Missouri also offers terrain. Houston is pancake flat but Missouri has hills. Today's run included hills. I love hills. I love digging in on the way up and cruising on the way down. I'll lift weights this evening.

Life is good. I feel good. Sober life is awesome.



No comments: