Sunday, March 31, 2019

Hopes Dashed or Not?

I was supposed to go in a 50k race yesterday. I even drove about an hour to the race site. But it was 33F and raining. It looked like that would continue for the next few hours. Did I want to be wet and cold for the 7 hours it would take me to do 50K? What did I have to prove?

I sat in my car and watched the rain. Other people were not even in rain suits and heading out for 100 miles or 50 miles. A little voice said, it is not too late to skip this. It won't exactly be fun. And you still have time to drive back to town and make the 8 am meeting.

I picked the meeting and skipped the misery.

However, it is difficult for me to realize that I did the smart thing for me and to not beat myself for skipping the race. Measuring myself against the world always leaves me coming up short. I should've suffered and done the race; instead of accepting the bad timing of the storm.

I did have a very nice run yesterday afternoon.

Starbucks update: I moved to a new store this week and OMG I am having so much fun. I've spent 3 days mostly working the window and I LOVE it!!! I also got to begin learning bar today! So, yes! Starbucks is a blast.

No comments: