Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lesson 127

Before I say anything about the lesson, here is a lovely thing. Garrison Keeler sings a song which I think is an Elvis song. "Take my hand. Take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you." This morning I found myself singing that to my higher consciousness.

I don't want to die a human animal. I wish my ego was more giving and less fearful. I wish I could sleep more and run more.

Lesson 127 gives us this: Love is the Heart of God and of us. With that, my mind opens and expands. Maybe I can have a good day.

Paul Brunton distinguishes between now and Eternal Now. Ekhart Tolle didn't make this clear; and I read his book twice. The Eternal Now is in the 4th dimension. I can glimpse it. I can know it. But it doesn't provide a permanent escape from this world.

Lesson 127 is quite long, but here is a small part of it: "

Seek not within the world to find your Self. Love is not found in darkness and in death. Yet it is perfectly apparent to the eyes that see and ears that hear love’s Voice. Today we practice making free your mind of all the laws you think you must obey; of all the limits under which you live, and all the changes that you think are part of human destiny. Today we take the largest single step this course requests in your advance towards its established goal.
7 If you achieve the faintest glimmering of what love means today, you have advanced in distance without measure and in time beyond the count of years to your release. Let us together, then, be glad to give some time to God today, and understand there is no better use for time than this."

Highlights and underlines are mine. 

No comments: