Monday, July 1, 2013

Surprising Progress

Wow. I've spent so long seeking enlightenment. But now I feel like that is a non-issue.

Here is an example: Since 2006, I've followed the 3,100 Mile Self Transcendence Race (  http://3100.srichinmoyraces.org/ ). I've tried to seek self transcendence by doing miles and miles. Today, when I was reading the blog, I realized I'd rather be engaged with my life. that is, I'd rather be actually doing my job at work than endlessly running around a block.

So that is weird for me. I guess that reading Merton helped me to let go of the past. Or I realize that all is spiritual and there is no need to suffer. Just allow it.

Not that I am stopping running or stopping my Course in Miracles study; but that I appreciate the path laid before me.

I'm just a marathoner. I'm a professed engineer.

This morning, I had a 3 mile run around El Lago in the early morning darkness. It was hot a sweaty and I loved it. What more could a person want?

I have a closet full of brand new Asics Nimbus running shoes. What more could a person want?

I'm holding airplane tickets to go to 2 running races. What more could a person want?

I don't need to fast, run a hundred miles, sit cross legged for days, follow a guru. Just have Being.

That is what I have Being; my most valued possession.

No comments: