Monday, August 2, 2010

The Heat of August

One way to leave the world is to meditate. Another is to workout.
Every ultra is a death and rebirth.

Every LSD is a retreat, a contemplation of "Something Else."

Lesson 148, "...what you need are intervals each day in which the learning of the world becomes a transitory phase; a prison house from which you go into the sunlight and forget the darkness. Here you understand the Word, the Name Which God has given you..."

I ran 20 miles at marathon pace on Saturday. I ran 25 miles at ultra-marathon pace on Sunday. I worked out for 85 minutes on my ex-machines this morning. This is not training. My running has no training goal at the moment. It is driven by habit, time and well being. It is a way of life.

Several guys have finished the 3,100 mile Self Transcendence Race; mainly by running 65 to 70 miles every day for at least 46 days. One of the guys has a running streak going. So he did not take a day off after finishing the race.

Over the weekend, the park had an event: "Bliss Fest." I noticed what alot of work it is to stage a bliss fest, how much one needs to buy to achieve bliss, and how it requires speakers to teach bliss methodology. One Sunday, after the event was over, the people who normally walk and run in the park were very blissful, although we did not go to the Bliss Fest. I have been out of the bliss business for a few years. I just run laps around the park.

It is going to be 98F here today, and all week. However, I noticed this morning that a new flock of Canadian geese has arrived at our plant. I guess it is cold somewhere else.

No comments: