Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Letter 4/28/2020

A beautiful sunny day here. I ran really well in Parkville.


I wore a buff for the first time in order to have a flexible face covering option for passing people on a trail. I admit that it doesn't seem necessary, except for the occasional group of people who don't practice social distancing. I did make a good example and discovered that it is not that annoying to pull it up when you pass people. I think that if I ever go in another real race, having a mask option and a hand cleaning option will be necessary.

Speaking of races. I've entered another virtual race. Great Virtual race across Tennessee. Virtual races would seem stupid in any other year than this one. But, the races I've entered so far offer benefits I won't be able to get in a normal year. Like the Aravaipa race offered a cool belt buckle. The race across Tennessee makes sense if you follow ultra running and have heard about the Vol State race or Laz Lake. Vol State race won't be happening this year, but I couldn't do it anyway. It is too hard for me to actually run across Tennessee in the given time frame. But I'm happy to focus my running on getting the miles in over 4 months. And getting a t-shirt that won't ever be available again. Only 4684 participants so far.

I have been taking good advantage of my corona-cation. I totally appreciate the gifts given.

No comments: