Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Letter and 100 miles done

What are you doing with your corona-cation? 





I just finished a 100 mile race. I did better than I originally planned, even with some blister issues which hampered days 4 and 5. I had 10 days to finish to get a belt buckle. Mission accomplished.

Day 1, 20.50 miles
Day 2, 22.23 miles
Day 3, 20.12 miles
Day 4, 14.26 miles
Day 5, 15.06 miles
Day 6, 9.26 (really fast) miles to finish.

Its a virtual race, so nothing really matters as far as placement but....  over 400 people signed up to race 100 miles. I came in 84th overall, 31st female, 2nd in over 60 age group.

While at Starbucks this morning, I got a double shot tall latte. This drink fueled my 9 mile run this morning. I haven't run 11 minute miles in several months so I was extremely excited to see myself banging out the miles so happily.

I have had a fabulous 2 days. Really turned the corner on energy somehow. I've been engaged with my projects and not laying in bed reading half the day.

I got groceries early today and got everything on my list including a can of Clorox wipes. I went by Starbucks to get my free pound of coffee which partners get each week. I've been to online meetings at my old home group in Texas for two days in a row. I've worked on my book. I'm reading a very difficult philosophy book (many words I don't know). I got out of bed before the alarm and before 7 am this morning, something that hasn't happened since March 16, my last day of work.

Well being abounds. The people of India can see the Himalayas. I can see beyond the yellow brick road to a new world. Its coming. I love it all.


Just talked to my store manager. I'm scheduled to be back at work May 5. She told me that the Starbucks in Liberty (not the one I went to this morning), is closed because a partner was suspected of having covid. Turned out not to be the case, but Starbucks as a company is sort of having a grand new re-opening of all the stores on May 7. We will be getting $3.00 more per hour, guaranteed an average pay based on what we usually worked, benefits guaranteed no matter how many hours we work. So.... Starbucks is a very decent company. Yes we have to wear masks.

No comments: