Sunday, February 14, 2016

Tapering?

Next weekend I am again going to try something I've failed at twice last year: a double marathon. At one race, they cancelled the race due to flooding. Not my fault! Time before that, I had a great first day. But on the second day, one toe got a painful blister under the big toe nail and then it got too hot to jog. I quit because I couldn't walk without limping and I didn't see the point of continuing.

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Here I am.

In the name of taking it easy this weekend, I decided to walk today. No jogging. But I ended up walking 20 miles. Go figger. I thought alot about next weekend, but also about the 50 mile race I'm signed up for in May and also about the 55 hour race I might sign up for in December and also about whether I want to go to St Louis for a 12 hour race in September.

This evening, I got my free weights and core done. I've been working on the free weights and can now do more reps than I used to be able.

All this in lieu of watching tv, shopping or entertaining kids all day.

I know people who are much older than me who routinely run multiple marathons, or run 100 mile races. All I know is I am not going to stop. I am encouraged to see many other people out doing miles too.

Every night, I hand write a bit from the Gospel of Q in a notebook. I do this because Jesus' words matter to me. The Gospel of Q is the purest form of those words available. What matters is that I remember I have a log in my eye; and forget the spec in your eye.

No comments: