Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday of Agitation

First off, here is a great picture of me finishing the USA Fit marathon:


What about agitation? Well, I had a really great and fast 1h42 min run this morning; but had to stop to get to a 10 am commitment. After that appointment, I didn't make it back out for more miles as I realized that I just HAD to get some chores done. So I got the groceries, washed the car, got a haircut. Then, I needed a meal of real food. Agitation instead of miles.

Agitation because the need for those chores was bothering me. But work is bothering me. The idea came up that I should supervise people. Many people would celebrate being put in charge. Me? Terror! No! I am a subject matter expert. I am a nice person and well liked or I wouldn't be considered for management. Managing people is like a hot stove of emotional pain. I'd go home every night pissed off at the people. But I also don't want negative repercussions since I don't want to take on the people.

At this point, I needed what I read in "As Bill Sees It" today: "In the radiance of this prayer we see that defeat, rightly accepted, need be no disaster. We now know that we do not have to run away, nor ought we again try to overcome adversity by still another bulldozing power drive..." My defeat is admitted my fear of managing people. Yes, I thought about quitting my job; and am relieved it doesn't have to be a disaster. I can turn it over and trust Spirit.

While I was running I was thinking about how I will train for a 50 mile race in May. When would I fit in some uber long runs?

Here is a 50 mile training plan. Whew, I don't really need to do a 50k training run. In fact, my current racing schedule is more aggressive because of the marathons I'm entered in. About 5 weeks before my 50 mile run, I have Easter long weekend. I'll do some big training. I'm not racing the weekend of the 28 mile run. Hope the weather is good.

No comments: