Saturday, February 7, 2015

Peaceful 10

Last evening, I drove to Baytown to pick up my packet for next weekends half marathon. In the evening sky was the massive brown layer of Houston smog. Pretty bad.

Coming home, I found myself thinking I could go to the race on Saturday. I had printed maps and piled up my stuff; so I could if I happened to get out of bed. I woke up at 4:14 am, plenty of time to go to the race; but I went back to sleep for 3 more hours.

Racing every weekend is not all its cracked up to be. So now I was able to enjoy a very leisurely spiritual study. I haven't relaxed like that in a while. I am happy for it.

Then, in my own sweet time, I went for a true long run. No run walk, only run for 10 miles in Seabrook. I discovered that the city finally finished the new trail and it is accessible without climbing down any embankments. It has one 0.45 mile loop which is mostly shade (perfect for a Gulf coast summer), and another loop which has alot of sun but is exactly one mile. And accesses another park which has a sunny 0.35 mile loop and another bathroom.

I saw a flock of ducks which was unusual for that location. Not the usual kind of ducks I see.

At some point on this run, I remember thinking my life had no more need to be fixed. I was also thinking about a weekend work commitment. My life is truly not my own. The Short Path is Grace filled. I need only let it in. I share my soul with God.

No comments: