Friday, October 29, 2010

Meaning is decided...

...because I am a mind, and this world is an illusion of the mind.

The concept of a wasted life has been my ethos for a few years. This concept is the heart of quitting the manufacture of meaning and accepting the truth of the meaninglessness of the world. Proof of meaninglessness is revealed when we realize everyone has their own meanings. Therefore it cannot be truth because we would all agree on truth.

If you quit "getting a life" and dismantle any life you seem to have, and de-construct all the beliefs that went with it, THEN you are left only with life itself. Pure and innocent, you exist in peace. Peace is all you see because you have stopped believing in anything else, so you don't see it.

In this condition of non-possession, some voice says, "I am," but the voice needn't be your individual voice or a separate God Voice. Having let go of all else, being simply life and nothing more or less, the voice of "I am" is not separate from me.Whether I said "I am" or I heard "I am" is an undifferentiated event. As I realize the lack of separation, I know I am with God, in God, God's thought, God's love, God's Son.

And, as solely life, I can accept the punch line of A Course in Miracles: "God's Son is guiltless and sin does not exist."

And this leaves the human with nothing in this world and a lack of perception of what was previously thought to be real. And a world which is only love appears, know as true, chosen and wanted. And peace abides as long as I grasp not anything but only listen to "I am" ringing with purity and innocence throughout the mind of God's Son.
From the Manual for Teachers.

Yet it is surely the mind that judges what the eyes behold. It is the mind that interprets the eyes’ messages and gives them “meaning.” And this meaning does not exist in the world outside at all. What is seen as “reality” is simply what the mind prefers. Its hierarchy of values is projected outward, and it sends the body’s eyes to find it.

It is in the sorting out and categorizing activities of the mind that errors in perception enter. And it is here correction must be made. The mind classifies what the body’s eyes bring to it according to its preconceived values, judging where each sense datum fits best. What basis could be faultier than this?... His mind has categorized them all as real, and so they are all real to him. When he realizes they are all illusions they will disappear.

The body’s eyes will continue to see differences. But the mind that has let itself be healed will no longer acknowledge them.

No comments: