Friday, January 3, 2014

The Father of Lights

In the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, in Bill's Story, starting around page 13, I piece together a theory of living: "...I placed myself unreservedly under His care and direction...I was to sit quietly when in doubt...I must turn in all things to the Father of Light...the moment I fully accepted, the effect was electric. There was a sense of victory, followed by such a peace and serenity as I had never known. There was utter confidence. I felt lifted up, as though the great clean wind of a mountain top blew through and through..."

Lesson 3: I do not understand anything I see.

24.VII: "Perception can serve another goal...It is given me to make another choice."

Plotinus 6.8.14: "...where there is true being, where things have been brought to reality by that Principle...all that reality is brought about in virtue of something emanating from the divine."

And then I stopped to pray silently. What I heard was: allow yourself to be both seeker and sought. It is a mistake to think you are a flawed sinner, hated by God. Any time I sit before the Father of Lights, I feel utter confidence, a great clean wind.

I feel really good today. Included in my morning workout was a one mile/ 11:44 minute Run. And now I am at work and my shoes don't hurt. Awesome.

No comments: