Sunday, October 7, 2012

Amazing

Today was amazing: I did actual jogging for 4 hours, before dropping to the jog/walk I've been using for several months. My left heel was not in pain. It was"cool" for the first time in months too. Temps in the 60s and 70s are so much easier than 80s and 90s.

I had a massive week of training: almost 60 miles and 23 hours. I did at least 100 sit-ups every day. 3 strength sessions.

Today as I ran, I thought this, "I moved to Texas 11 months ago. Maybe I've finally got through all the problems and can go back to running." Moving to a completely new place is not easy. But maybe, things are calming down.

I was just looking at the web page of the convent I used to be in. They had yet another picture of old ladies sitting around the tables in the dining room. I can honestly say I am glad I am not spending my life like that. In contrast, not only am I an ultra-marathoner, but I spend my days in a highly hazardous chemical manufacturing facility making sure it stays safe. And I get to practice spirituality in ways effective for me; and not supporting "The Church."

1 comment:

West Grey Runner said...

Its magic when the cooler "Fall" weather is upon us ...kind of like finding another gear!