Sunday, September 30, 2012

Very Sweet Weekend of Training

I'm not sure I can believe this, but I guess it is so. Between Friday night and Sunday morning, I've covered 40 miles plus 2 hours of other cross-training; over 12 hours.

That is fantastic. So, I got 260 miles this month and 96 hours; the best this year. I even had to reformat my graph to fit the 260 miles on it:


I'm not very fast, but I get the miles and time in. Well, my next race is a half marathon in Germany and then Ultracentric in Dallas. I spend my time thinking about Ultracentric. I'm signed up for 48 hours, but won't even get to Dallas until 8 or 9 hours after the race starts (work issue). I just hope to make the most of the time I have there.

It is a strange life I live: work all week with about 2 hours of training per day. Spent all weekend alone either running, eating or laying on the bed. This style has been going on for several years. I could say its for racing, but it goes on regardless.

In two weeks, I've scheduled a 4 day weekend. It will be good to do this just before going to Germany (where there won't be much more than short morning walks). My trip to Germany is for work, not fun.

No comments: