Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ultra Monk's Prayer

In the wilderness, the voice of Ultra Monk cries out, “Father, in Jesus name remind me of Your love for me and of my love for you.”

And so, clad in climafit, fleece and Gortex, new Garmin on one wrist, old Timex on the other; Ultra Monk begins her jog through the silent and dark streets of Briarcliff. She continues her prayer:

I am spirit. I know this need not be.
If I am afraid I am deceived.
Fear is lack of love Atonement heals.
Love alone is my reality.
The Holy Spirit is my choice for God.
I hear Him speak quietly in my mind.
I am not alone, Jesus is here.
Jesus is the undoing of the dream.
The innocent are always truly seeing.
Christ Vision is their one and only sight.
God is not symbolic. He is fact.
His peace cannot be shaken. I am free.
Into Your Hands I commend my spirit.
And so my mind awakens to Your peace.
This is my commitment and the truth.
Love is my intention as of now.
Love based thinking is my one desire.
Inner peace is what I really want. (Amen)

And so, up hill and down hill, past darkened houses, Ultra Monk jogs. Occasionally, a deer is startled. Every now and then a car passes. In the summer, the lawns are being watered. In the winter, the north wind howls. And still, Ultra Monk chants her prayers. Nothing but God is on her mind. Everything has been let go in favor of peace.

Peace to all. (Amen)

No comments: