Sunday, January 3, 2010

The ACIM Path Laid Out

ACIM text 29.V:

"…The changelessness of Heaven is in you, so deep within that nothing in this world but passes by, unnoticed and unseen. The still infinity of endless peace surrounds you gently in its soft embrace, so strong and quiet, tranquil in the might of its Creator, nothing can intrude upon the sacred Son of God within."

If I sincerely want what A Course in Miracles (ACIM) offers, I realize I have adopted a spiritual path which is not authorized by any of the world’s religious authorities; and in fact would be anathema to them. I have accepted as truth a document which was published in the seventies by a religious unknown and someone who never became a perfect and famous guru herself. I find myself out on a limb, without a leg to stand on, needing to be silent because the thinking is so far outside the box.

My function is forgiveness, looking beyond the dream and seeing the face of Christ in my brother such that he becomes my savior. I do this silently because my brother is not in a place in his dream where a discussion of illusions is possible. My brother is not in a place in his dreams where a change in the definition of “Son of God” or “Jesus” is possible. Yet (ACIM text 29.V):

"Here is the role the Holy Spirit gives to you …He (your brother) is a part of you and you of him … Nothing is asked of you but to accept the changeless and eternal that abide in him, for your Identity is there. … And every thought of love you offer him but brings you nearer to your wakening to peace eternal and to endless joy."

No comments: