Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grateful Thursday

I read this in the ACIM text this morning (20.VI):

“The meaning of the Son of God (all of us together including Jesus) lies solely in his relationship with his Creator. If it were elsewhere it would rest on contingency, but there is nothing else. And this is wholly loving and forever. Yet has the Son of God invented an unholy relationship between him and his Father. His real relationship is one of perfect union and unbroken continuity. The one he made is partial, self-centered, broken into fragments (each of us separated) and full of fear. The one created by his Father is wholly Self-encompassing and Self-extending. The one he made is wholly self-destructive and self-limiting.”

The unholy relationship is the ego consciousness which sees God not. The ego consciousness is insane with hatred of other people. Until I met the Course, I had no chance of every escaping from the consciousness of hate.

ACIM forgiveness is not to see a person’s sin and then decide not to hold it against them. ACIM forgiveness is to look beyond the physical body, because it is an illusion made by my ego, and see something else: the face of Christ.

I have a great feeling of gratitude today. I have been working very consciously on ACIM forgiveness instead of judging. Then, last night I remembered that God loves me and cares for me. I need do nothing. Then, true enough several material world things fell into place for me. The material world things are not what God gave me. God gave me peace and a function of forgiveness in the world. I received peace, accepted my function and this resulted in my projecting happier dreams for myself.

Aspects of Happy Dreams:
- I went to a company function last night with a good attitude.
- The dinner had been moved from its previous location to one very near my house.
- The restaurant had a well stocked salad and veggie bar.
- I did not judge the guys loading up on meat or desserts. I had pleasant conversations instead of being all uptight.
- The relocation company made a very decent offer for my house which is good enough to cover all the repairs.
- There is no asbestos in the house.
- Since I am going out of the country before I can get a contractor to finish all the repairs, the relocation company is willing to settle up based on the contractor’s estimate.
- My company has a new health care policy this year which will make it an extremely good deal for me, a very healthy person.

I say again, the spiritual work (forgiveness) made it possible for me to have happy dreams because I am not completely controlled by my insane ego. I gave up trying to see everyone else as guilty sinners (ie. meat eaters are sinners).

ACIM Text 20.IV:

“You may wonder how you can be at peace when, while you are in time, there is so much that must be done before the way to peace is open. Perhaps this seems impossible to you. But ask yourself if it is possible that God would have a plan for your salvation that does not work. Once you accept His plan as the one function that you would fulfill, there will be nothing else the Holy Spirit will not arrange for you without your effort. He will go before you making straight your path, and leaving in your way no stones to trip on, and no obstacles to bar your way. Nothing you need will be denied you. Not one seeming difficulty but will melt away before you reach it. You need take thought for nothing, careless of everything except the only purpose that you would fulfill. As that was given you, so will its fulfillment be. God's guarantee will hold against all obstacles, for it rests on certainty and not contingency. It rests on you. And what can be more certain than a Son of God?”

Yes, I like it when things “go my way;” but I have to remember why: I was trying to put God’s purpose first and not trying to get what I wanted for myself. I acknowledge that this post may sound like I’m trying to justify my luck and be smug about economics. I remind you that I didn’t have say anything or attempt to give credit where it is due; I wanted to give credit to God.

No comments: