Thursday, October 3, 2019

The Hay is in the Barn

Today was my last really long run before the KC marathon in 2 weeks. I'm wanting to break 5 hours in a marathon. In the past 4 days, I've completed 50 miles and 2 weight workouts. Let's recap:

Monday: 5.5 hour shift at Starbucks plus a 9 mile slow jog in 90F temps.
Tuesday: 13.5 miles of hilly trails. 10 miles of running groomed trails plus 2.5 miles of hiking. Hot weather.
Wednesday: 9.5 miles at 9:25 per mile pace in reasonable weather, on asphalt with hills.
Thursday: 18.1 miles at 12 min/mile pace, no walking, cool temps.

I'm so happy with today's run because of the no walking business. In Houston, where I lived until a year ago, I could never get in long runs without walking due to the heat. Now I feel confident about running a marathon without much walking. I finished Heart of America marathon in 5:13, with some walking and really slow jogging at the end because of the heat. I know I have a sub 5 in me.

No comments: