Sunday, September 9, 2018

A New Canvas

Two days ago, I walked out of my job and my career. Those first few steps out the gate felt amazing. I felt the spaciousness of having no obligations, maybe for the first time ever. I had done everything purposefully for nearly 2 years with the goal of getting to the start of a new life. I looked at the sky and thought, "I have a completely blank canvas. I can paint whatever I want on this." So amazing.

And then, haha, day 1: I spent 2.5 hours of day one doing homework for a class I am enrolled in.

And then, day 2, I got time to go to the park and make my usual round of Seabrook trails. My knee was feeling awesome. I don't know how I hurt it a month ago, but today it felt like a good knee. It was so humid this morning, so even though I mixed alot of walking in with running, I still felt heat related dizziness. I had to take an electrolyte pill along with my water. Another reason I want to get out of Texas is I cannot afford this chronic heat related illness every weekend.

Here is a video from today. Sorry about the abrupt ending but when I tried to get the mosquitoes I accidentally shut off the camera.





No comments: