Thursday, June 5, 2014

Privileged

I've been a runner since I was 13 years old. I am now 55. I actually ran a marathon last Sunday. I am pretty much amazed. I did a good job.





The daily workouts go on. I'd like to say I am training for a race; and I suppose I am. But really, I maintain fitness and then go in races. I like to do miles at any old slow speed. Next up is a 7 day virtual race. I'm pleased with this idea. I'll challenge myself to get 100 miles done as soon as I can. It is a privilege to be an athlete at age 55.

But what has been fascinating me lately is my Christianity. Finally an integration is occurring as I've found distinctly Christian authors expressing truth. See, I quit going to any organized denominational church because I didn't think the real truth of Jesus was being preached. Well, I also found that the despicable acts of Catholic priests and the hierarchy could not be supported with my being.

But finally, I'm finding the point of coalescence between A Course in Miracles, Greek philosophy and Christianity. Books of interest:
The Slavery of Death by Richard Beck
History of God by Karen Armstrong
Books by Keith Akers on the earliest disciples

I'd like to say I am a Christian; except that associates me with a denomination and the Christian denominations don't have my support.

Peace, non-violence, renunciation and silent listening work for me. Christ is in my heart and yours.


No comments: