Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chapter 21.II

A Course in Miracles text: "say only this, but mean it

I am responsible for what I see.
I choose the feelings I experience and I decide
   upon the goal I would achieve.
And everything that seems to happen to me
   I ask for, and receive as I have asked."

Pretty bold. Pretty awesome. Do you see why an ego would fight this? The ego is the source of irresponsibility, not wanting you to know the world it the ego's delusion.

I thought about Steven Covey and his books about leaving a legacy. The message was that good people do good and leave a legacy. Slackers just live and die, no one remembering them. By his definition, I am a slacker. I will die and be forgotten. See how an ego would hate this?

So as I head out for my weekend miles, I realize it is purely for me. When I decide to go in a race, it is purely for me. All my spiritual work is first for me and my peace of mind. Perhaps spirituality has worldly implications, since if I quit projecting then the thorns of the crown of Christ are removed everywhere. But all this is in the Spirit's hands.

It is cold outside (for Texas) 55F with a bit of wind. No worries about heat for me today. So out I go for my walk.

No comments: