Monday, February 20, 2012

Surrender

A work related temptation has been bugging me all weekend. I've been trying to give it up to the Holy Spirit. This morning, in my spiritual study, I finally found the conviction needed. And so I first spontaneously said the 3rd Step Prayer from AA. And then a prayer from A Course in Miracles.

"Holy Spirit, I offer myself to You to do with me and build with me as You will. Relieve me of the bondage of self that I may better do Your will. Take away my difficulties that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Your power, Your love and Your way of life. May I do Your will always. May I at last abandon myself utterly to You."

"This holy instant would I give to You. Be Thou in charge that I may follow You certain that Your direction brings me peace."

After this, it is my job to keep a quiet mind and listen to the intuitive Voice for God.

No comments: