Friday, April 16, 2010

Exodus

This is a picture of me somewhere on the course of the Olathe marathon last Saturday.
.
My thought today from my early morning run: Exodus, exiting from slavery to freedom. That is the point: migration from one state of being to another one. And that is my life's plan.
.
A Course in Miracles is a guidebook to exodus: from the ego reality to the real world. Running is an exodus: from sedentary prison to freedom.
.
I am leaving society bit by bit. Each bit that I break away from the ego goes off into the desert for further purfication, and eventually crosses the Jordan into the real world.
.
I know there is a larger consciousness. I intend to migrate my thinking from the ego consciousness to the larger one. I do this by a) denying the ego any reality or power or truth; and b) by sitting quietly with an open mind listening to the higher Voice of God. In my migration, I take my mind and I sit, bodiless, on a small white cloud in a world of light. There, on my cloud, I am able to be quiet. I am in the presence of that higher consciousness; yet it is quiet. I just do this. I don't know where it will lead, but it is certainly not of the ego world.
.
I visited with my trainer today. She is the closest thing to a spiritual guide I have. She gave me some new exercises and a method to build speed muscles without doing running intervals. Sweet!
.
It is the weekend. I spend the weekend alone, running, doing work work, getting groceries, reading, meditating and reflecting. The solitude is time in the desert. It is part of the migration.

No comments: