Monday, August 31, 2020

Fall Schedule

 The corona virus is still here. So am I. I have been here longer.

This is the first week of my new schedule. The driver of this new schedule is my barista work. I now work in the afternoon instead of the morning. No more alarms at 3 am. Or exhaustion by 9 am. I now work from 1-5 or so.

Now, I have my mornings to use my brain for creative thinking projects, as well as do workouts before going to work. Typically: get up around 6:30, drink coffee and scroll through the headline on my phone, journal, meditate, today  read several pages of my difficult philosophy book, write several pages of my novel, go running, lift weights, shower, eat, go to work.

This actually seems like my ideal life. I was in such a circumstance this morning that a couple of pages of the novel poured out of me. It is amazing when that happens. I frequently happens when I have mornings to myself. My life has provided such circumstances.

No comments: