Thursday, July 9, 2020

Unabashedly Awesome

Today I had an awesome 13.2 mile jog. The possibility was brought to me by clouds. Clouds kept the temperature down for most of the run. I didn't get started until 9 am, pretty late since it is summer and headed to 90F today. I slept until 8 am was the reason for the late start. I don't know why I needed 10 hours of sleep last night, but I got it.

Unabashedly Awesome?

I spent nearly this entire run thinking about both the 50k I plan to run on Monday, and the many years of running I have still to come. Being 61, it is unabashedly awesome to still be running. When I was a teenager, women didn't run marathons at all let alone 60yo. Remember those picture of women dragging their selves across finish lines, until Joan Benoit Samuelson came dancing across the finish line in an Olympic marathon. After that, it was game on. Now, more than 40 years later, it is still game on for me.

I am excited about Monday. Today I figured out a plan to get 7 plus hours of running into a single run. I decided to leave the house at 3:45 and drive to a nearby park. Park there and then run 9 or 10 miles home. Pit stop and refuel. Run 9 miles back to my car. Refuel, run on a park bike path/ trail while refueling for the balance of the run. 

As a runner, I'm unabashedly awesome, but as a human, my life is unabashedly awesome. My life has expanded into dimensions of good feelings which I hadn't felt before. I feel so good. Why? Spiritual processes. I do my spiritual processes.

No comments: