Friday, June 26, 2020

Exciting Times

May 1st began the Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee. The course was 635 miles from a lower western side of the state to the very tip of the state on the eastern side. As of yesterday, I'd completed 603 miles.

Wow !


Today I walked 6 miles. That leaves 25 more miles. I'm planning to do all those miles on Sunday in the form of a virtual marathon. A marathon to celebrate Virtuality. Vitality! 

A part of my brain believed that this virtual race is really a race and I should put as much as I could into it. And, whenever I am not at work, I really have nothing to do except go for walks. That's why I have finished 2 months before the deadline. Essentially, I did as many miles as I could for the past 2 months. I am really astonished at the number of miles I have completed. 

Only lost one toenail.  😁

I've loved almost all the miles. I love both the pathways through the forests and the pathways across wide open prairie. 

I don't know how to stop. So, I signed up for another virtual race which starts in the middle of July. It is a short one however: 4 different distances to be completed during a 7 day span. The challenge is that one of the distances is 50k. I'll have to get up early and try to get some big miles before it gets too hot.

I am putting my memorabilia from virtual races up on a wall. I want to remember this year of pandemic.







No comments: